COSMELAN & DERMAMELAN
What Is Cosmelan & Dermamelan?
Cosmelan & Dermamelan treatment is one of the most effective methods in the treatment of pregnancy skin spots called melasma-chloasma, age spots, and spots caused by sun exposure on sensitive skin. It can also be used in the treatment of skin spots caused by other reasons.
Cosmelan & Dermamelan is an effective enzymatic peeling method that suppresses pigmentation by reducing the amount of melanin in the skin. It works by inhibiting the mechanism that triggers the formation of spots on the skin.
Its main effect is the inhibition of an enzyme called tyrosinase, which plays an active role in the mechanism that causes the skin color to darken in certain areas.
As a result of the suppression of this enzyme, the formation of melanin in the skin decreases, the darkened parts of the skin are lightened, and the effective treatment of the resulting spots is achieved.
How Is Cosmelan & Dermamelan Carried Out?
Before starting the spot treatment, a skin consultation is carried out during which it is assessed whether a similar treatment, chemical peeling, dermabrasion, or laser applications have previously been applied.
Cosmelan & Dermamelan treatment is a single package consisting of two stages. The first 3 months of this 6-month treatment is the therapy part, and the second 3 months is the suppression part.
In the first stage, a mask is applied and the person is kept under observation for half an hour in case of a potential hypersensitivity reaction. The person may then leave the clinic with the mask on. The mask remains on the skin for 8 to 12 hours, depending on the skin type. At the end of the time period determined by the doctor, the mask is removed by washing the area with water.
Who Cannot Get It?
- Those with an allergy to any of the components in Cosmelan & Dermamelan therapy,
- People with chronic skin diseases,
- Those with an active Herpes Simplex infection,
- Pregnant and breastfeeding individuals,
- Those with open wounds or recent sunburns.
What Measures Should Be Taken Before the Treatment?
- Before the application, sun exposure and sunbeds should be avoided.
- If a spot treatment therapy has been applied, the individual should wait at least two weeks before starting the Cosmelan & Dermamelan spot treatment.
- Men should avoid shaving methods that irritate the skin such as using razor blades at least two days in advance. An electric shaver should be preferred when necessary.
What Measures Should Be Taken After the Treatment?
- After the procedure, the skin must be protected from the sun and sunscreen must be used. Otherwise it may cause sun spots and skin patches.
- It is recommended to avoid make-up, Turkish baths, sauna, sunbeds, and pools during the treatment process.
- If lesions caused by the mask occur on the skin, follow-up cream application is not recommended until the lesion completely resolves.
- Pimples on the skin caused by the follow-up cream should not be picked at. Professional skin cleaning should be carried out instead.
- The peeling skin during the regeneration phase should not be removed by hand. Irritating the skin should be avoided.
- All products recommended for the continuation of the application should be used in compliance with the protocol.