FEMILIFT: GENITAL REJUVENATION
What Is Femilift?
Femilift is one of the alternative non-surgical solutions to genital area problems brought about by the advancements in laser technologies. Femilift is a fast, painless, completely safe and effective genital tightening and regeneration treatment.
Femilift is a Fractional Carbon Dioxide (CO2) Laser technology developed as a non-surgical solution to genital problems females might face such as vaginal dryness and vaginal laxity. With Femilift treatment, existing collagen fibers are strengthened and new collagen production in the vagina is triggered. Thus, the thickness and elasticity of the vaginal wall increases, and the loosened vaginal canal tightens.
By stimulating the mucosa, the secretions of the vaginal tissue improves, the moisture levels increase and the vaginal dryness improves. With this regeneration process, recurrent infections are also prevented.
No matter what stage of life you are in, Femilift can help you regain your confidence and restore your intimate relationships.
Femilift: How Is the Genital Rejuvenation Procedure Carried Out?
Femilift sends high-energy light beams to the tissue. While this energy causes thermal damage in the area it reaches, it does not affect the surrounding tissues. This provides a more rapid recovery process. Controlled thermal damage to the tissue results in a wound healing process.
During the wound healing process, new collagen production and remodeling of the connective tissue occurs. Thus, the physical support of the vaginal walls provided by the connective tissue increases; the previously weakened and thinned areas become stronger and thicker.
The treatment is administered using a hygienic probe. The probe is suitable for different vagina sizes and does not disturb patient comfort.
The entire vaginal canal is treated by rotating the probe 360 degrees.
What Is Femilift Used For?
- Vaginal laxity,
- Vaginal rejuvenation,
- Vaginal dryness,
- Vaginal atrophy (muscle weakness),
- Post-menopausal rehabilitation,
- Recurrent infections,
- Postpartum rehabilitation,
- Vaginal rehabilitation after cancer treatment,
- Labia minora/majora rejuvenation,
- Genital wart/condyloma treatment,
- External area (vulva) bleaching/lightening,
- Pregnancy stretch mark treatment.
Who Can Get It?
Femilift can easily be applied to women of all ages. The suitability of the treatment is assessed and patient expectations are identified during the appointment with the physician. A Pap Smear test result obtained in the last 1 year is requested and if the result is negative, treatment can be planned.
Who Cannot Get It?
- Those using medications that cause photo-sensitivity,
- Those with active vaginal infection,
- Those with diagnosed collagen disease,
- Those with active genital or urinary tract infections,
- Pregnant women,
- Those with oncological pathologies,
- Those with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) infection,
- Those regularly using steroids,
- Those who have undergone pelvic mesh surgery,
- Those with undiagnosed uterine or vaginal bleeding.
What Measures Should Be Taken After the Procedure?
After treatment, the patient should abstain from sexual intercourse for 10 days until they are fully recovered. Itching, redness, edema, tenderness, pain during urination, spotting, moderate vaginal bleeding, moderate to severe watery vaginal discharge, pink or brown vaginal discharge may be seen. These effects are transient, often requiring no treatment.
The 3 basic phases of the recovery process after Femilift treatment are as follows;
- 1st Phase: First 48 to 72 Hours after the treatment. As a result of thermal damage, edema develops in the treatment area, and various chemical mediators are released to prepare for the initiation of the wound healing process.
- 2nd Phase: The proliferation phase; comprises the first 30 days after treatment. During this period, proliferation and differentiation occur in epithelial cells.
- 3rd Phase: The remodeling phase; begins 30 to 40 days after treatment. The number of mature collagen fibrils increases as they become more robust bundles; neovascularization, or new blood vessel formation, is seen. The amount of mucosal secretions increases and better lubrication occurs. Vaginal pH returns to normal and the flora of beneficial microorganisms that occur in the vagina comes back in a healthier way while harmful microorganisms that cause chronic infection are eliminated.