What Is Leg Aesthetics?
Rapid weight gain and loss may cause sagging and loosening in the arms and legs. In some patients, the legs may be comparatively asymmetrical from birth. In such cases, leg aesthetics can be a solution.
Conditions such as indentations and disfigurements in contour due to previous blows to the knee and legs, crooked or thick legs may require aesthetic operations. Different treatment methods are applied for each condition. Such defects can be corrected by restructuring the legs in accordance with gender and weight and in proportion to the body.
Leg aesthetics may be required due to aging, genetic predisposition, frequent weight gain and loss, permanent sequela of polio, trauma and other factors.
How Are Aesthetic Leg Surgeries Performed?
Although this operation is mostly applied for cosmetic reasons, whether the person is suitable for this operation is assessed by the plastic surgeon during the consultation.
During the pre-operative consultation process, the body structure is examined by the plastic surgeon. At this point, it is very important to clearly express the complaints.
During the consultation process, the images obtained using the Vectra device are modeled in 3D. This model is important for the doctor to demonstrate the procedure. It provides the opportunity to visualize the post-operative profile or symmetry before the operation, and to analyze the problem correctly and yield the correct results.
Aesthetic surgery applications of the leg can be applied in different ways in accordance with the needs of the person. Fillers, implants or fat injection methods can be used.
- Implant applications are performed under general anesthesia and at the hospital. The operation takes an average of 45 to 60 minutes.
- In fat injection applications, fat tissue is taken from the patient and injected into the required area. Sometimes it may be necessary to inject fat tissue several times to obtain satisfactory results.
- Filler applications are considered non-surgical procedures in leg aesthetics. These applications do not provide a lifetime solution, they must be repeated every 1 to 2 years on average. They can be carried out in combination with liposuction and the number of sessions required depends on the structure and width of the leg.
What Is Inner Thigh Lift Aesthetics?
The most popular method to treat sagging caused by aging and excessive weight loss is inner thigh lift aesthetics. It is a suitable operation for those with complaints of their thighs rubbing against each other while walking or who have problems wearing skirts or shorts.
In this operation, a surgical incision is made in the groin area, which can be hidden. The sagging skin is removed from the inside of the thighs. If there is a lot of sagging in the front and inside of the thigh, then a vertical scar on the inside of the thigh, down to the knee, may also be necessary. Inner thigh lift procedures are performed under general anesthesia.
What Is Leg Reshaping Aesthetics?
Leg reshaping aesthetics is performed using implants to thicken the inner parts of the calves. The calves may be structurally thinner than normal due to previous polio disease, trauma, or congenital-developmental reasons. Some patients may also prefer to have larger thighs in order to have a more athletic appearance.
Implants used for calf augmentation are inserted through an incision on the inner part of the back of the knee. Leg shaping aesthetic operations usually take 60 minutes and are performed under general anesthesia.
What Measures Should Be Taken Before Aesthetic Leg Operations?
- If you are smoking, it should be ceased at least 1 to 2 weeks prior to the operation and you should not smoke until at least two weeks after the operation.
- You should avoid a strict diet program as it can negatively affect the healing process.
- In particular, you should not expose your operation site to excessive sunlight.
- Your doctor will advise you on how to prepare for the operation, including your diet, drinking, taking or avoiding certain vitamins and medications.